Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Carla Experience

Yes, it was quite an experience.

Last week I had the pleasure of being 1 of 3 students at Carla Ten Eyck's Tuesday workshop. It was my first ever time being at a workshop and, let me say, I'm hooked. It was such a kick in the pants, get back to basics, wonderful time of shooting, editing, and understanding what truly makes a good image. Not to mention the ladies in the class were fabulous and Carla's cooking is top notch :)

All in all, it was a wonderful day!

However, during the shoot we got busted by the po-po for being at a train yard we had permission to be at. One of our subject's, Jack, is a train engineer. It made me giggle to hear him say to the cop, "This is my office" when the cop told him we were all trespassing. No worries though, we made it out without too much of a hassle and headed over to the UConn law campus.

The day was wonderful for me to shoot without having to think about all the other things going on in my life. It was great to look for light, wait for moments, and create great photos. But, more than anything, it was an awesome time to connect with local photographers who share my passion for photography. I walked out of the experience feeling challenged, motivated, and with a new group of friends. Without further ado, my favorites from the day...






3 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

These are gorgeous! I love that first shot! beautiful way to capture the autumnal colors ;)

carla ten eyck said...

Sarah- It was SO great to have you and see how you challenged yourself all day. You just jumped in with cameras blazing and I loved it!!

I am looking forward to seeing you soon!

Val McCormick Photography said...

Love them Sarah. I especially love the shot from below with the beautiful golden tree above us. I think I will be printing that one to be framed. Thanks for the beautiful job. It was great to meet you. Hope to see you soon.

~Hugs~
Val